EAST CAPE -Agent: EDEN VALVES- James- 082 926 2134
You can REGISTER and send us a help request OR If you want to know more about valves you can read further.
a) A "Solenoid Valve" is operated by electric power. A "Hand Valve" like a Water Tap(valve) is operated by your hand power.
b) Solenoid Valves can be used to control the flow of Liquids(Like Water, Oil or Chemicals) or Gases(Like Refrigerant gases in a fridge,Compressed Air or LP Gas for cooking),
c) This flow can be controlled in different ways. Maybe to open or close(2/2 Type) the flow or in more complex applications to Inflate and Deflate something(Like a balloon or Bellows). Some applications need more complex flow patterns and special multi-function valves are used for this(3/2 or 5/2 Types).
d) The 2/2 Type means 2 Ports(Pipe connections) /(and) 2 Positions. This is like a Water tap(valve). It has a Water supply connection(1st Port) plus an outlet (2nd Port) where the water flows out into the basin. In Position 1 it is closed and when your hand power opens it to Position 2, it will be open. Normally you leave this Valve CLOSED.
So this valve would be called a 2/2 Normally Closed Valve, that opens with Hand Power. Now just replace the Hand power with Electric power and you have a 2/2 Normally Closed Solenoid Valve. (Normally Closed without Electric power).
These valves can also be bought as 2/2 Normally Open Solenoid Valves(Normally Open without Electric power).
Remember that the inlet port of a solenoid valve is marked by markings "IN" , "P" or otherwise a flow arrow that shows the direction the liquid or gas has to flow. If you do not connect the valve correctly it will usually malfunction by leaking or opening/closing at very low pressures. When your valve does not work after installation, this must be checked first.
e) The 3/2 Type Means 3 Ports(Pipe connections) / (and) 2 Positions. Here the flow can go in different directions. You can have a Normally Open, Normally Closed, Diverter, Mixing or Universal flow valve,
f) The 5/2 or 5/3 Types Means 5 Ports(Pipe connections) / (and)2 or 3 Positions. These Valves are used in Complex Pneumatic and Hydraulic Directional flow controls. These valves are usually used to Extend and Retract cylinders (Also called Pistons). In hydraulics you could have a multiple off these valves to form a very complex control system.
When you want to choose the most suitable solenoid valve for your application,the main factors you can pay attention
1) What medium you will use for this valve, Clean air,Dirty water,Corrosive Gases? (This is called the "Media")
2) Media Temperature and Ambient(Surrounding Air) temperature, 0~60 or higher Degrees C? (Specifics Needed)
3) Media pressure minimum & maximum in Bar, Kpa or Mpa?
4) Is the Media Gravity fed from a tank or pump driven by pressure?
4) Thread size and orifice size, 1/8” or 2” BSP? You cannot use a ruler to do a direct conversion to inches!!
IT JUST DOES NOT WORK!! Consider this: A 3/4"(20mm) Valve actually measures 24mm on the inside of the thread and 27/8mm Outside on the pipe. (It looks like 1" , but is not)
5) What kind of seal Rubber is needed inside the Valve, NBR, EPDM, PTFE or VITON? (This depends on the type of media and temperature).
6) Valve body material, Brass, SS304, SS316, Polyamide or Polypropylene? (This depends on the type of media and temperature.
FOR: Our House Brand Valves, position your mouse on PNEUMATRON VALVES in the left side menu and click on the valve dropdown sub-menu of your choice. A suitable list of valves will then be displayed with Descriptions, Prices and PDF datasheets for download.
Choose a valve by clicking "add to cart". Once you have added all your valve choices to the ENQUIRY CART , you can go to the ENQUIRY CART to view and submit the items you have chosen. You will receive a copy off the submitted enquiry by E-Mail. We will also receive a copy, so that we can inform you of item availability.
The ENQUIRY CART will enable you to create your own enquiry list by using the "Add to cart" next to the item you like. The item will then be added to your ENQUIRY CART. When you click "Submit", your enquiry will be mailed to your E-Mail adress and to us. We will then inform you of the stock availability.
Use the fluid compatability sheet to see if your MEDIA(This word is explained above), is compatabile with the Valve Body and Seal Materials available. CLICK HERE To link to this Document.
Download this XLS(MS Excel) or PDF Document.
CLICK HERE To link to these Documents.
Then either send it to your customer to fill in or fill it in with the information listed , so that we could assist you with the correct valve choice.
Send it to the E-mail OR Fax No in CONTACT US. We will then reccommend a suitable valve for your application.
1. YOUR RIGHTS TO PRIVACY
PNEUMATRON hates SPAM! So we limit our communication with you to the essentials.
PNEUMATRON's website accessed via this Web site “Login information” will for the purposes of this policy be defined as any information which identifies a living or deceased natural person.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect, store and use the "Login Information" for Each user:
• To provide the User with access to this Web site;
• To Communicate with the User for password requests;
• To facilitate business communications, administration and transacting with PNEUMATRON
• To respond to queries or requests submitted by you or provide services or general legal information to you and/or tailor our services to best meet your requirements.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLLECTED
By accessing this Web site and/or providing any information to this Web site you authorise us to collect, maintain, save or compile our company database and occasionally( Not more than once in 4 weeks) send you a BRIEF site update or special ONLY.
We shall not disclose personal information to any third parties!!!
4. OUR RIGHTS TO NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to this Policy and any prior rights, we shall own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled via this Web site by us.
We cannot give you our full customer list, but we are proud to have serviced these customers with our products and services, since 1999.
1) SA Breweries
2) Amalgamated Breweries
3) Anglo Platinum Rustenburg
4) Kumba Iron Ore
5) Exxaro - GROOTEGELUK
6) BHP Billiton- Mining Ogies
7) BMW Rosslyn
8) FORD MOTOR COMPANY-
11) FEDERAL MOGUL
12) And many more smaller Companies for Export and Automation Systems.